Thursday, August 28, 2008

E Pluribus Unum

Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn't matter with me now, because I've been to the mountaintop.

And I don't mind.

Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land!




I don't know if Dr. King was talking about tonight, or about a day five months hence, but today I feel just a little bit more like we're one people on the road to the Promised Land tonight. I might not agree with Senator Obama on every issue*, but I'm glad that as a nation we're finally to the point where a night like this is finally possible. And I'm glad one day I'll be able to tell my children I saw it.


* But tonight, I agreed with him on nearly everything.

No comments: