Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Okay, I didn't really have a whole lot of time to get on top of things today, but here are my last-minute comments before the voting closes in New Hampshire and my predictions from yesterday get all shot to hell.
  • I was saying months ago (in private of course, never on this blog so I can prove how smart I am) that I thought that Hillary would poll well, but crash and burn when voters got to the ballot box, looked at her name, and realized exactly how difficult her candidacy would be. Now there's talk that she'll abdicate South Carolina and Nevada if she loses tonight (which she will). Her new strategy has become the Giuliani strategy, and we all know how well that's working out for him.
  • The popular consensus is that McCain isn't going to beat Mitt by as much as I predicted yesterday. But Mitt's still going to lose to Huckabee in Michigan, so it's irrelevant. It boggles my mind that the two candidates who are currently most viable for the candidacy (McCain and Huckabee) are the two most loathed by the GOP establishment. Even if the Democrats lose the general election, John Edwards is right: change has won and the status quo has lost. Karl Rove's reign of terror is over in a year.

No comments: