Wednesday, September 19, 2007

If the Constitution falls in the forest and there's no on there to hear it . . .

  • As I mentioned yesterday, Bush named a new acting Attorney General so repugnant that he hopes Democrats will back down on their demands for DoJ emails relating to Alberto Gonzalez' numerous debacles before agreeing to confirm Mukasey. Apparently, it is working. I don't know if it's Bush, but someone at the White House knows how to play the game pretty well.
  • What do you do when your two most prominent branches of government are averaging a 20% approval rating? If you look at the news items I've mentioned today, and those numbers, and detach yourself from your preconceived notions about America, it would appear as if we live in a fascist military oligarchy. It's a good thing I have all of those preconceived notions to keep me optimistic.
  • When I was reading this, it occurred to me: Rudy Giuliani is like Dick Cheney, but without the demented genius. He's just demented.

No comments: