Thursday, September 13, 2007

At least with Madonna you can claim a Zionist conspiracy




  • I'm not opposed to religion in a general sense, having grown up with it and having seen the positive effects in can have (for example). However, I have taken and passed junior high history classes (and have a passable knowledge of current events), so I know the catastrophically negative effects it can have, and I occasionally wonder how much more peaceful the world could be if we didn't have God to fight over. So when I hear that more than half of America is blissfully unfamiliar with the protections for and from religion the First Amendment, I get real nervous. Also, Constitution and religious wars aside, I am offended as a music fan by the fact that 43% of Americans want Christian music and nativity scenes in schools. There are two kinds of music that I just can't abide: Christian rock and Christmas music. I don't want kids being exposed to that kind of trash.







  • The President is calling the Petraeus strategy a "Return to Success." But see, if it had been a success in the first place, we wouldn't be having to deal with this anymore.

No comments: