Thursday, September 27, 2007

Word from the inbox

More fun with campaign emails:
Hey,

I only have a few seconds on my way back to Washington from last night's debate.

The fundraising quarter is wrapping up and we're just short of hitting our goal. Will you chip in $23 and put us over the top? You can contribute here:

http://www.chrisdodd.com/deadline

I'll be in touch soon.

Chris
1) His salutation is "hey" and his full name only appears in the URL. Apparently Chris Dodd is on a first name basis with everyone on his mailing list now. Neat.

2) $23? What the hell? I've suspected that candidates' requests for specific amounts were just pulled out of their asses, but now I'm sure of it.

3) This is actually the best fundraising email I've gotten. It's not needy, it sounds as if it were written by a real person because it obviously wasn't parsed or measured, and it's succinct, because whoever did write it obviously has a lot to do and there's no reason a "please give me money" email should be a whole page long (like most of the candidates' emails).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, at least it's a little better than moveon.org's at least *weekly* requests for 20+ bucks.. Damn, if you gave every time they asked, you'd be a broke motha-sumna-beeitch..

By the way, Kinky has done it again.

http://www.kinkycigars.com/ .

I think I need a box. Maybe I'll mass email all my friends for 20 bucks each to buy it, at over 150$ a box!