Friday, March 21, 2008

Here Comes the Flood, Pt. 7

Okay, I should stop here and take a breath, and get things out of the way.
  1. I apologize for naming all of these posts after a Peter Gabriel song. I hate Peter Gabriel, but "Here Comes the Flood" is possibly the only song of his that I like.
  2. It is also a really, really depressing song, which is part of the reason I haven't posted much since the Texas and Ohio primaries. I got pretty angry about the results and the resulting avalanche of bullshit from the Clinton campaign that I decided to step back from everything a little bit.
  3. I've also been bracing myself and praying for the end of the Chicago winter, which is really just a mental strain after a while, and waiting for a break in the meteorological malaise to sink myself into reading 250 articles a day on what's screwed up with America again.
  4. Today, as you saw earlier, is not a break in said weather. However, within two minutes of waking up this morning, I was notified that Bill Richardson has publicly endorsed Barack Obama, which put me in a spectacular mood.
  5. In honor of my good mood, I will give you the gift of levity:

Have a good weekend everybody!

No comments: