Thursday, March 27, 2008

News Dump

  • Harry Reid's dropping hints about something. I don't know what he knows, but I sure want to find out.

  • Apparently what John McCain hates so much about wars is that we don't fight enough of them.

  • He also loves fiscal responsibility so much that (according to his economic adviser) he plans to drain $2 trillion out of annual revenue and run up the deficit.

  • Hillary Clinton on the Bosnia flap: "I say a lot of things -- millions of words a day -- so if I misspoke, that was just a mistatement." Which to me just says, "When I talk this much, some of it is bound to be lies. I just can't help myself!"

  • The Bosnia thing isn't the only thing she's taking in appropriate credit for.

  • If if if if if if if if if.

  • I'm not a big Carville fan, but I will say two things to his credit. First, he was in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Second, he didn't bother holding back* when it came to Bill Richardson, and he stood by it.

  • Spencer Ackerman does a long analysis of Obama's foreign policy and the team behind it. I think Ackerman gets a little caught up in idealism at the end: Obama could only be president for eight years, and he would have resistance the whole time. Having a vision doesn't clear the hurdles in realizing it. Nonetheless, the important part that is made throughout is that Obama's plan has a great deal of potential to not only change global circumstances, but also the mindset from which we approach them.

  • Well-said (in regards to Democratic defections to the GOP out of spite for their candidate not getting the nomination):
    Elections are about deciding who will be the next president, senator, governor or whatever, but they should not be psycho-dramas conducted to allow people to demonstrate their high-mindedness. Those supporters of HRC who cannot bring themselves to vote for Obama or vice versa will a few weeks into the McCain administration wake up and realize that they've been jackasses. Or, at least I hope they will realize it.
*Even if you already know about the Judas thing, that write-up is well-worth reading.

No comments: