Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Parsing at its Finest

I don't really know what I'm doing awake at this hour, and more to the point I don't know why I'm reading articles from a radio site (!) when I have laundry yet unfolded. Nevertheless, I can't wait to link to this article (which is apparently a few days old and I missed it -- thanks Dan for sharing it). Obama's campaign, instead of sending out an email of their own, just borrowed an email from the Clinton campaign and gave it the ol' red pen treatment. For example:

After setbacks in Ohio and Texas, Barack Obama needs to demonstrate that he can win the state of Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is the last state with more than 15 electoral votes on the primary calendar and Barack Obama has lost six of the seven other largest states so far -- every state except his home state of Illinois.

[If you define "setback" as netting enough delegates out of our 20-plus-point wins in Mississippi and Wyoming to completely erase any delegate advantage the Clinton campaign earned out of March 4th, then yeah, we feel pretty setback.]

It goes on.

No comments: