Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Prognostication

People have been asking me all day to make predictions, when will we know this, when will we know that, do I think Obama is really going to win, and so on and so forth. I may have had some claim to being able to look at this reasonably before, but I think that's pretty much shot today. I'm having a hell of a time focusing at work (as is obvious by the amount of posting I'm doing), even though I'm only posting in two minute stints between doing other things. It's harder because my office overlooks Grant Park and all I want to do is get out there and see what's happening.

The point is, here is my "what to look for" statement of the day. At 7pm Eastern Time, polls will close in Virginia and Georgia. If Virginia goes to Obama, look for him to win. If they announce it fairly quickly after polls close, he'll win by a comfortable margin. If he wins Georgia, this will be an electoral landslide.

No comments: